Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Remaining Faithful

How often have you found yourself thinking, "Why didnt they give me the job?" "Why didnt he ask me to marry him?" Why did they win the lottery?"

This way of thinking means that we give credit to man for things that all fall under God's power.

I, too, find myself constantly falling prey to giving man "too much" credit for the things that happen in our world and the decisions that we make. It seems to be at those moments of weakness when it is easiest to think like this. However, it is also at those moments that I must pause and remember that all things happen for the good of me, that life is not out to get me, and that the abundance of the universe is there for me to pick from. So, I pick my ego up off the ground and reframe my thinking. I raise my head and think what a glorious God (by whatever name you call Him) He must be to have put me on a path to fulfulling His purpose for me in this lifetime. I remember that although we have free will, He controls, sees and knows all things! And that everything that happens is for the betterment of me!
This is a lesson that I continue to learn and reflect back on whenever I am weak and weary and feeling as if nothing is going to work out!
Be Blessed,
MM

No comments:

Post a Comment