Search This Blog

Thursday, March 8, 2012

You Can SHIFT YOUR LIFE!

While I am the partner in the business who isnt a licensed therapist, I find myself constantly trying to shift my thoughts. Some may call it "CBT for the Soul". This concept of the cognitive-behavioral connection is one that I learned about 10 years ago. And, although it made a great deal of sense to me at the time (and sounded very easy to do), I have found that changing your thoughts is a very arduous, and sometimes, painful process for most of us.
Why does it seem so difficult to change our way of thinking, you ask? It, in part begins with the fact that we have been constructed by our parents, extended family, friends, communities and the world to think a certain way. Many of us have experienced the process of having certain values, cultures, and belief systems instilled in us, and each of them composes the foundation of who we are. And, much like a home, the foundation of the construction, depicts the current state of our lives.
Conversely, unlike a home, human beings possess the internal, spiritual power to re-construct their thoughts, and ultimately their lives. As an African-American woman, who was raised in a patriarchical home, with a devote baptist extended family, I possess certain ideologies about life that I work at changing everyday. And, I have found great outcomes in the last 6 months, as I have really worked at abandoning old ways of thinking and gravitating towards thoughts that keep me focused on my life purpose. Because I have found that as awesome as the brain is, it CAN NOT focus on two thoughts simultaneously. Therefore, I have to work at constantly staying focused on positive thoughts,
And, if I can do it, so can you! If you are not sure where to begin and feel like you need some help navigating this path, call us tnow. Dont waste another moment feeling like you have to subscribe to a belief system that doesnt feel natural and healthy for you. Reconstruct your thoughts, and you will begin to reconstruct your life! I know it can be done because I am living proof!
Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment